When it comes to internet and local digital security, there is no doubt that Norton Antivirus has made its name as one of the leading security solution providers, and for good reason. It equips your computer with the best, top tier solutions that are able to successfully resist and counter the attack that hackers typically employ to cause data breaches and hijack PCs or other personal devices.
Sometimes, however, even a blessing can turn into a nuisance. That is what happens when Norton starts giving you renewal reminders every hour of the day. When your Norton Antivirus subscription is coming to an end, it starts to give you pop ups that warn you regarding the impending expiration of your subscription. If your product has already expired, then it will give you a notification that says “Subscription Expired”.
The reason why these reminders are necessary is to ensure that you are always aware of the security status of your PC so that your device does not become susceptible to attacks while you are under the impression that your data is secure. If these renewal reminders are starting to get annoying for you, however, there are a few ways you can go about turning them off:
TURNING OFF NORTON ANTIVIRUS RENEWAL REMINDERS
Check the Subscription Status
- To check the status of your Norton subscription, launch the application.
- Click on Support.
- Find the Subscription Status link and click on it.
- Doing so ensures that the date on the Norton server is synchronized with the date on your PC.
- Click on Live Update on the main screen and restart your PC to remove any Subscription Error.
Renew Your Norton Subscription
- One option to stop the reminders is to renew your subscription.
- Launch Norton Antivirus and click on Renew Now.
- Select Renew My Subscription.
- Click Buy Now.
- Go to the Norton.com/setup website and log into your account.
- Enter your credit card details to make the purchase for the respective plan.
- Wait for the plan to be updated.
Uninstall Norton Antivirus From Your PC
- If you do not plan on renewing your Norton.com/setup subscription, you can simply uninstall the program.
- Launch Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Find Norton Antivirus and click on Uninstall or Remove.
- Wait for the process to complete and then restart your PC.
- You will no longer receive renewal reminders.