If you are concerned about the safety of your personal data stored on your digital devices, apothecary when you browse the internet, then you most likely already have a robust antivirus software system in place. An antivirus program mitigates such cyber threats and ensures that your data is always safeguarded from prying eyes and hands.
If you are one of the thousands of individuals that use Norton.com/setup Antivirus products, then you must be aware of the various security features that the program equips your system with to enable it to resist cyber attacks. One of these security tools is the smart firewall. The firewall of your PC is responsible for shielding your system and is usually one of the most important factors in the first line of defense against hackers. Sometimes, however, you may need to turn the smart firewall of www.norton.com/setup off for exactly that reason: it may be blocking or denying access to a device or person that you actually want to give access to.
In such a case, it is possible for you to modify the Norton.com/setup settings and turn the smart firewall off for the time being. This little step by step guide will tell you exactly how you can turn the smart firewall on and off at any time:
HOW TO TURN THE SMART FIREWALL ON AND OFF?
- Locate the Norton.com/setup icon in the system tray of your Taskbar and click on it to launch the application. You can also find the software by searching for it in the Start menu.
- Click on Settings.
- In the Settings window, go to the Network tab.
- Here, you will be able to view the settings for your firewall. In the navigation pane located on the left of the screen, you will find the Smart Firewall option. Click on it.
- Next to Smart Firewall, you will see a toggle switch. You can click on it to turn it on and off as needed. If the switch is green, it means it is in On mode.
- Once you have made the change as needed, you can click on the Apply button.
- You will be asked if you want the change to be applied permanently in a dialogue box. Click on OK to turn the smart firewall off permanently.
- Click on OK to close the Settings window.