What is the FBI MoneyPak Virus?
As companies and individuals alike are looking to invest in robust solutions to protect them from intruders and safeguard their system, hackers are coming up with equally innovative and novel tools to penetrate these defenses and steal your data. One of the most unique forms of such ransomware is the FBI MoneyPak virus.
As suggested by the name, the FBI Moneypak virus is used by cybercriminals to get into your system by pretending that they are the FBI. Using unique approaches and social engineering, the criminal makes you believe that the FBI is suspecting your system to have been involved in illegal activity and that immediate action should be taken to ensure you do not face more debilitating consequences, such as arrest for downloading copyrighted material, handling child pornography, or other illegal online activities. The criminal will typically lock your computer and ask for a penalty amount to be paid in a given period of time to give you access to your PC again.
If you find yourself face to face with such ransomware, making claims that you have been caught and fined by the FBI, look into fixing the issue as opposed to giving your attackers what they want out of you.
Steps to Remove The FBI MoneyPak Virus From Your System With Norton.
Norton.com/setup is a well-renowned antivirus and security solutions provider that is known for its powerful and effective protection programs. Among these is the Norton.com/setup Power Eraser which can be used to remove advanced ransomware like the FBI Moneypak virus. Here are the steps to remove the FBI virus from your system using this robust Norton.com/setup product:
- Hold down the Power button to shut off your computer.
- Press F8 twice on your keyboard as the system is restarting. This will show you the advanced boot options.
- Locate and select the “Safe Mode with Networking” option.
- Launch your browser.
- Head over to http://norton.com/npe to download the Norton.com/setup Power Eraser Tool.
- Run the .exe file and Agree to the terms.
- Once the tool launches, click on Scan for Risks.
- Allow your system to restart or the scan.
- Tap F8 once again when the computer reboots.
- Click again on the “Safe Mode with Networking” option.
- Now click on Run to allow the Norton.com/setup Power Eraser tool to run the scan.
- The subsequent window will show you the results of the scan.
- If infected files are found, click on the Fix option to remove the FBI virus.
- Allow the system to reboot one final time to complete the removal.