Last Updated on October 17, 2020
What is the “Norton Secure VPN Not Working Issue”?
Norton Secure VPN is one of the many useful features of Norton.com/setup security products and programs that masks your identity and allows you to carry out online and digital activity without facing the threat of data or identity theft. Unfortunately, you may occasionally encounter an error saying Norton Secure VPN Not Working. Through this guide, we aim to educate you on how you can get your VPN to work once again.
Methods to Fix The “Norton VPN Not Working Error”
Check Your Internet
To begin with, make sure that a slow or interrupted internet connection is not the cause of your Norton.com/setup VPN failing to work. Check your connection, run a speed test, and restart your router.
Check Your Firewall
Make sure that your firewall is not responsible for blocking your VPN with these steps.
- Go to Start.
- Search for Allow an App Through Windows Firewall.
- Click on the Change Settings button.
- Select Allow Another Program.
- Browse through the list of programs and select Norton Secure VPN.
- Click on OK.
Check Your Graphics Driver
If your video graphics driver is not updated to the latest version, it can cause issues with your VPN. check for updates for your drivers using the following method.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and R keys to launch Run.
- Run the command devmgmt.msc.
- This will open the Device Manager.
- Here, click on Display Adaptors.
- Right-click on the HD Graphics Card.
- Go to Properties.
- Open the Driver tab to see if the card is out of date.
- Install the latest version if it is not updated.
- Restart your system to implement the changes.
- Check to see if your Norton.com/setup Secure VPN starts working again.
Check Your Updates
An out of date Windows can also cause interference with the performance of your Norton.com/setup VPN. to check for updates, follow these steps.
- Go to Start.
- Search for Windows Update.
- Open the Windows Update window.
- Check for updates and download if there are any available.
- Restart your PC to implement the changes and see if the VPN is up and running.
Reinstall the VPN
Lastly, if all else fails, you can try uninstalling Norton.com/setup VPN and then downloading it again. Follow these steps to do so.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Locate Norton.com/setup Secure VPN from the list of programs and right click on it.
- Click on Uninstall to remove the VPN from your PC.
- Go to Norton.com/setup to download the VPN on your system once again.