To fix this issue, exit all the start applications, and then restart your Mac.
After you restart your Mac, if the problem persists, uninstall your Norton product using RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool and reinstall it.
RemoveSymantecMacFiles removes all the folders that are created by Norton installers and any files within those folders including any you that have created.
Download and run RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool
- Download the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip file.
- Click the icon in the Dock to be in the Finder.
- On the menu bar, click Downloads folder. > to go to the
- Do one of the following:
- If you downloaded the file using Safari browser, open the folder.
- If you downloaded the file using the Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers, double-click the file to expand it, and then open the folder.
- In the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder, control-click the file, and then click > .
To run this tool, you must be logged in to your Mac with an Administrator account with a non-blank password.
- If you see a prompt that the tool is from an unidentified developer, click to continue.
- In the Terminal window, type your administrator password, and then press .When you type your password, no characters appear.
- To remove all Symantec files and folders, type .If you want to quit RemoveSymantecMacFiles without removing any files, type .
- Press .RemoveSymantecMacFiles removes all of the Symantec files.
- When the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool finishes removing the Symantec files, in the Terminal window, type , and press to restart your Mac.Before you press return, make sure you save your work in other open applications.
Download your Norton product
- Sign In to Norton.
- If you are not signed in to Norton already, you will be prompted to sign in. Type in your email address and password for Norton, and click .If you do not have a Norton account, click and complete the sign-up process.
- In the Norton Setup window, click .
- Click .
- Click to save and open the Setup.zip file.
- When the download finishes, double-click the Norton product Installer.
- Click to start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- When LiveUpdate finishes installing updates, click .
- In the Installation Successful window, click .You must restart your computer to complete the installation process.