Last Updated on January 12, 2021
You may come across a Norton Security installation issue if you already have some third-party security or related drivers installed within your device.
To resolve your issue of Norton Security installation, restart your device. If your problem persists, completely uninstall your third-party security software before installing your Norton Security product.
Norton’s team has found out that South Korea customers who have already installed AhnLab Safe Transaction (or AST) onto their devices encounter installing Norton Security issues. If you are one of these customers, to go ahead with your Norton product installation; you would first need to uninstall AST from your device. You would first need to install your Norton product first and then reinstall AST-if you would prefer.
Given below are step-by-step guidelines for installing a Norton Security product on any device.
Restart your computer/laptop
- Close all actively running programs.
- Restart your device.
- If your Norton Security device has not installed yet, skip to Step 2 given below.
Uninstall any security product from your device that is non-NortonLifeLock
- First, simultaneously press the Windows + R keys. Immediately, the Run dialogue box opens.
- Type in “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box, and then press Enter.
- Select your pre-installed non-NortonLifelock security product in your list of currently installed programs, and then click on ‘Uninstall’ or ‘Remove’.
- Next, follow all the on-screen prompts that follow.
- Once the uninstallation finishes, restart your device.
- If the Installation is still incomplete, install Norton in safe mode, as directed below.
Norton Security installation in safe mode
- Firstly, close all actively running programs.
- Press the (Windows + R) keys for opening the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Type in ‘msconfig’, and press Enter.
- Click ‘Yes’ or ‘Continue’ if the User Account Control window appears.
- In ‘System Configuration’ window, select Safe boot and Network on the tab named ‘Boot’.
- On Windows XP: On the BOOT.INI tab in the System Configuration Utility window, select ‘SAFEBOOT and Network’ and click on ‘OK’.
- Click on ‘Restart’ when prompted to restart your device.
- Now your device will restart in safe mode with networking.
- Lastly, install your Norton Security product.
How to install Norton security specifically on Windows 10?
You would first have to download the latest version of Norton Security to install on your Windows 10 device. Follow the steps below for installing the latest Norton Security version.
- Firstly, Sign in to your Norton Security account.
- If you are not signed yet to your Norton account already, you will have to sign in to your account. Type out your Norton
- Enter your Norton registered email address and password for, and click on ‘Sign In’.
- If you have not created a Norton account, click on ‘Create a New Account’ and finish the sign-up.
- Click ‘Download Norton’ on the ‘Get Started’ window.
- Click ‘Enter a New Product Key’ if you wish to install a new product unregistered with you Norton account.
- Then click on ‘Agree & Download’.
- Press Ctrl + J key, to open the Downloads window in your browser, and double-click the file that you downloaded.
- Click on continue, if the ‘User account control’ windows appears.
- Follow all the on-screen prompts.
- Your Norton Security product is installed and activated.
If you see an incompatibility message during or after downloading or installing Norton
- For successfully install your Norton Security product, your device should fulfill the least of all operating system requirements, as mentioned here: System requirements to install and set up Norton protection.
- See some frequently encountered incompatibility messages that customers see while installing their Norton Security product given below:
Note: Norton Security products are incompatible with Chromebooks.
Some errors on Windows:
- Error: “One or more programs on your computer are not compatible with this Norton product…”
- Message: “Your version of Norton product is incompatible with this version of Windows…”
Some errors on Mac:
- Message: “We have detected an incompatible version of Norton product. Please uninstall the existing version…” on Mac
- Message: “Incompatible Software: This version of Norton product is not compatible with this version of macOS.”
- Message: “Installation failed: We have detected incompatible security software installed on your computer. Please uninstall…”
How to Fix Norton installation issues?
If Norton Security’s download does not start or finish, despite following the procedure
- Your Norton Security installation begins as soon as you run the downloaded file. For locating your downloaded file, do either of the following:
- For a Windows device: Press (Ctrl + J) and open ‘Downloads’ on your browser, double-click on the file that you want to download.
- For a Mac device: Press (Command + Option + L), for opening the ‘Downloads’ window on your browser, and double-click on the file that you want to download.
Step 1: If the downloading does not either start or progress, you can directly download your installer from any of the links mentioned below.
- Norton Security
- Norton 360 Standard/Deluxe/LifeLock plans
- Norton AntiVirus Plus
- Norton Security Premium
- Norton 360
- Norton Secure VPN
- Norton AntiVirus
- Norton 360 Premier Edition
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton Internet Security for Mac
- Norton AntiVirus for Mac
Step 2: Depending on your type of browser, do one of the following:
- For Windows: Press (Ctrl + J) and open the Downloads window in your browser. Double-click on the file that you need to download.
- For Mac: Press (Command + Option + L), open the Downloads window on your browser, and then double-click on the file you want to download.
- Click ‘Continue’ on the User Account Control window.
- Follow all on-screen prompts for installing the Norton Security device.
- For detailed instructions, read up the manual by clicking on Install Norton device security on Windows or Mac.
If the solutions provided above still do not work, contact Norton’s Services and Support Team.